It’s hard to imagine that there is only two months left of this school year! With that in mind, we will be looking for nominations to the four officer positions of the MCS PTA, President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. According to our bylaws, in order to be considered for a position, one must have been a member of the PTA for at least two months. There is still time to become a member if you have thoughts or interest in holding an official position within the PTA. Nominations are to be submitted in writing to the secretary within 7 days of our vote. We vote on our new officers during out last meeting of the school year, with the newly elected folks taking office as of July 1st.
Below are the duties of each officer. If you are interested in having the opportunity to be an officer, contact us today to join!
1. Preside at all meetings of the MCS PTA
2.Serve as an ex officio member of all committees except nominations
3. Coordinate the work of the executive board of the PTA
4. Develop agendas for board and general membership meetings in consultation with the executive committee
5. Act as a liaison between the MCS PTA and the school administration, the town administration, and any other relevant community organization, or provide for another appropriate representative, if needed
6. Appoint a parliamentarian, subject to approval of the executive committee
7. Perform such other duties as may be provided for by bylaws, prescribed by the parliamentary authority, or directed by the board of directors.
8. Retains all copies of tax filings and records
1.Perform the duties of the president in the president’s absence or inability to serve
2. Communicate with committee chairs
3. Coordinate with the grade level representatives in order that the Purposes may be promoted
4. Perform such other duties as may be provided for by these bylaws, prescribed by the parliamentary authority, or directed by the president or the executive board.
1. Record the minutes of all meetings of the MCS PTA and provide copies to members within two (2) weeks following any meeting
2 To maintain a complete record of all minutes and be prepared to read the records of any previous meetings
3. File all records
4. Have a current copy of the bylaws
5. Maintain a binder that includes annually updated descriptions and procedures for all the MCS PTA events and responsibilities
6. Perform such other duties as may be provided for by these bylaws, prescribed by parliamentary authority, or directed by the president or the executive board.
1. Have custody of all the funds of the MCS PTA
2. Any accounts held by MCS PTA shall have two names on the account, the treasurer and one other member of the PTA.
3. Deposit funds in a timely manner in a bank designated by the board of directors
4. Maintain a full account of the funds of this local PTA and provide secure backup storage of the information
5. Make disbursements as authorized by the president, executive board, or this local PTA in accordance with the budget adopted at a meeting the MCS PTA membership
6. Have checks or vouchers signed by one person: the treasurer, either during PTA meetings or with at least one witness who is not the recipient of said check/voucher. In the event the treasurer needs to write a check for him/herself, the president will give written permission and witness the writing of the check.
7. Cause to be kept a full and accurate account of the receipts and disbursements in the books belonging to this PTA
8. Maintain a list of all members (to include contact information, position/committees, initial membership date)
9. Provide a written treasurer’s report at all meetings of the association
10. Arrange for liability insurance for MCS PTA in accord with Article IV Section 1.d.
11. Submit the books annually for an audit or financial review
12. Report the findings of the annual audit or financial review to the executive committee, membership, and the treasurer of the ME PTA
13. File the annual 990 report to the IRS and provide a copy of all the filings to the board of directors and the treasurer of the ME PTA
14. Perform such other duties as may be provided for by these bylaws, prescribed by the parliamentary authority, or directed by the president or the board of directors.